click here Learn more about Kenny Cole
Kenny’s father, a WWII Marine who fought in the Pacific and concluded his military career as an Army paratrooper with three tours in Vietnam once told him, “Son, if you can look at yourself in the mirror at the end of the day and know that the man looking back did everything in his power to better himself that day, then that’s all he can do. If not, then it’s not time to call it a day.” At Vanderbilt University, Kenny would take that advice and apply it to both his academic and athletic careers. As a middle linebacker for the Commodores, he had to be strong enough to stop a running back and fast enough to cover a receiver. Many consider that position the most challenging on the field of play. Kenny Cole was not one to shrink from a challenge then, nor is he now.
After three decades of experience as a Plaintiff’s Attorney, he has consistently proven to be a champion for his clients’ causes as they’ve faced some of the toughest challenges of their lives. With a faithful and compassionate heart, fortitude of iron and a commitment to detailed preparation and hard work, Kenny Cole has won millions of dollars in rightful compensation for victims of injury and wrongful death. He considers it a blessing to be able to do this work for others and would be honored to work for you. To speak with Kenny, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 256-705-7777 for a free legal consultation. Speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer today to get the legal representation you deserve.
Focused on Accident and Personal Injury Cases
Kenny’s practice primarily focuses on personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits, with many of his cases involving 18 wheeler crashes and claims arising out of defectively designed and manufactured products. He started his career in 1984 working for Leon Jaworski’s law firm in Houston, Texas. After 14 years, Kenny moved back home to north Alabama. During his 3 decades of trying lawsuits, he has handled cases in multiple states, including Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Iowa, and Illinois. Over the years, Kenny has won millions of dollars in compensation for clients who suffered devastating traumatic brain injuries, paraplegia, amputations, burn injuries, pulmonary damage, fractured bones and herniated disks, and wrongful death.
Areas of Practice in Huntsville, Alabama:
Top Rated Attorney
Kenny Cole has held an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell listing for more than 20 years, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry, for our professionalism and ethics. Martindale-Hubbell recognizes Kenny as a Top Lawyer. Kenny is also a member of the Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and has been recognized in the Top 1% of America’s Most Honored Professionals. Kenny’s awards and peer recognition shows the success he has obtained and sustained over his career.
- $10,820,000 Settlement for a Wrongful Death from an 18 Wheeler Accident
- $10,000,000 Verdict for a Wrongful Death from a Drunk Driving Accident
- $3,500,000 Settlement for a Construction Site Accident
- $2,500,000 Settlement for a Farm Equipment Liability Case
- $2,300,000 Settlement for Negligence causing Fatal Burn Injuries
- $2,000,000 Recovery for a Bicycle Accident with a Pizza Delivery Driver
- $1,479,000 Verdict for a Defective Blasting Cap Case
- $1,300,000 Recovery for Exposure to Vaporous Acid
- $654,000 Verdict for a Pipeline Explosion
- $600,000 Settlement for a Construction Injury
- $310,000 Settlement for a Slip and Fall Accident
- $300,000 Settlement for an 18 Wheeler Accident
Kenny Cole attended Vanderbilt University, obtaining his B.A. in English with Magna Cum Laude honors. While in college, Kenny played middle linebacker and was awarded Academic All SEC Football Team honors in 1978. He began his legal education at the University of Alabama School of Law, and then transferred back to Vanderbilt’s School of Law after the first year. There, he served as Executive Editor of the Vanderbilt Law Review before graduating with his Juris Doctor.
- Vanderbilt Unversity, B.A. in English, Magna Cum Laude
- Vanderbilt University, J.D.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- Texas, 1984-2002
Professional and Community Involvement
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Huntsville Madison County Bar Association
- 29:11, Inc. – Founder and President
- American Association for Justice
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Special Project – An Analysis of the Legal, Social and Political Issues Raised by Asbestos Litigation, 35 Vanderbilt Law Review 572 (1983)
- Punitive Damages: A Relic That Has Outlived Its Origins, 37 Vanderbilt Law Review 1117 (1984)
- Federal Jurisdiction, Service and Venue (Including What to Do If Your Case Is Removed), Texas State Bar Civil Trial Course (1985)
- Pitfalls in Hospital Liability, Medical Malpractice Conference (1988)
- Settlement Brochures, Law Seminars International (faculty member, 1991)