Huntsville ATV Accident Lawyer
All-terrain vehicles provide all season fun to residents of Southern Alabama – unfortunately, they also lead to accidents and injuries each year. The Consumer Protection and Safety Commission reported 337 deaths from ATV accidents and an additional 101,000 related emergency department visits in 2016. If you or a loved one sustained an injury in an accident involving an all-terrain vehicle, you may be able to collect compensation for your economic and non-economic losses. Contact the Huntsville ATV accident attorneys at Conchin, Cole & Jordan LLC today to schedule a free review of your legal options.
Why Choose Us?
- We offer our services on a contingency-fee basis, which means no recovery, no fee. We will not charge anything unless we obtain a settlement or court judgment for your case.
- We are courtroom-tested and will not hesitate to pursue litigation if it means obtaining our client’s maximum compensation for their injuries.
- In our years of practicing law, we have secured millions of dollars in settlements and court judgments on behalf of our clients.
When to Discuss an ATV Accident With an Attorney
An accident involving an all-terrain vehicle can lead to serious injuries and present a serious financial burden to the victim and his or her family. When these injuries arise as the result of another party’s negligence, it may provide grounds for a personal injury claim. Several different types of ATV injury claims exist:
- When an ATV accident occurs through the result of a defective part or unit, viable grounds for a claim may exist against the manufacturer.
- When another party’s negligent operation of an ATV causes an injury, then a claim against that person’s insurance company may be the best way to obtain compensation for injury.
A Huntsville ATV accident attorney can help determine who is responsible for a victim’s injuries and hold them accountable for both the material and intangible losses that result. An attorney can negotiate with insurance companies and demand fair compensation for your injuries, pain, and suffering. Letting an attorney handle the negotiation process also allows you to focus on your recovery.
Common ATV Accident Injuries
ATV accidents can lead to serious and even permanent or catastrophic injuries, even with appropriate safety gear.
- Traumatic brain injuries, such as concussion, can occur when a person flies off an ATV, even when he or she is wearing a helmet. The side effects of some TBIs are permanent.
- Spinal cord injuries can result in permanent injuries to the sensory and motor functions of the body. Injuries often require intensive, lifelong care.
- Fractures, particularly to the extremities and ribs, are common. Depending on the nature of the break, surgery, casting, and splinting may be necessary.
- Facial trauma can occur when the face shield on a helmet shatters and may require reconstructive or cosmetic surgery.
- Neck injuries may involve soft tissue (such as whiplash) but may also involve more serious injuries that lead to permanent side effects, such as damage to the spinal cord.
Types of Compensation in ATV Accidents
A victim of an ATV accident may collect damages for both the material and intangible losses that result from another party’s negligence.
- Economic damages seek to pay for medical bills, rehabilitation, loss of income, and the other tangible costs associated with the accident.
- General damages provide compensation for intangible losses such as pain, suffering, and loss in life quality directly related to the crash. In the case of wrongful death, family members may also seek recompense for the loss of guidance, partnership, or consortium.
If you or a loved one suffered harm, contact the Huntsville ATV accident attorneys at Conchin &Cole LLC today to schedule a free initial consultation. Let us hold the negligent party accountable for the full extent of your damages.