Huntsville Defective Medical Devices Attorney
Medical devices can provide life-saving services to patients with serious medical problems – but only when they work well. Defective medical devices can create lifelong health problems and account for thousands of reports of injuries and side effects to the Food and Drug Administration each year. If you or a loved one suffered harm as the result of a defective medical device, you may have grounds for a personal injury claim. Contact the Huntsville defective medical device attorneys at Conchin, Cole & Jordan today to schedule a free case evaluation.
Why Choose Us?
- We have more than 100 years of combined experience practicing personal injury law in Alabama. We have a reputation for excellence in our community that extends to the entire Southeast portion of the United States.
- We are courtroom-tested and prepare each case as if it is going to trial. We will not hesitate to take a case to court if it means obtaining maximum recovery for our client’s losses.
- We pride ourselves on the connection we make with our clients. We stand up for your rights in insurance negotiations and respond quickly to your inquiries, so you always know where you stand.
When to Discuss a Medical Device Case With an Attorney
Medical device manufacturers owe a duty of care to the patients they serve. Under the theory of strict liability, a person does not need to prove that a manufacturer of a medical device committed negligence to collect damages. Instead, his or her product liability attorney must only show that a defect existed and that the defect directly led to an injury.
When the use of a medical device leads to complications or other harm, it is best to discuss the case with a product liability attorney. He or she can negotiate directly with insurance companies to demand fair compensation for injuries, pain, and suffering that resulted from using the medical device. If the medical device is subject to a class action suit, a Huntsville mass torts lawyer can take over all the filing procedures required to join. Consulting with an attorney allows you to focus on your health and recovery, while he or she handles the logistics of compensation.
Common Medical Device Claims
Unfortunately, some medical devices have a reputation for being defective and give rise to claims against the manufacturer because of the side effects they can cause.
- Intra-Uterine Devices (IUDs) can drift and cause infertility, infection, or ectopic pregnancy
- Transvaginal mesh intended for pelvic floor support can lead to infection, scarring, and migration to other parts of the body, requiring surgical retrieval
- IVC filters can break or migrate, leading to the need for surgery
- Heart pumps or pacemakers can malfunction, creating dangerous arrhythmias
- Insulin pumps that malfunction can contribute to pancreatic insufficiency and unstable blood sugar levels
- Knee replacements or metal on metal hip replacements can lead to infection, negative immune responses, and damage to the surrounding tissues and bones
- Implants can create auto-immune responses that can be life-threatening
Defective medical device claims can arise from any medical tool that leads to economic and non-economic harms such as the need for surgery or additional medical treatment, physical pain, suffering, loss in income, and emotional anguish. A claim against the manufacturer can help patients gain compensation for both the material and intangible losses they suffered because of the defective product.
If you or a loved one suffered harm directly stemming from the use of a defective medical device, you may be able to collect compensation from the device manufacturer. Contact the Huntsville defective medical device lawyers at Conchin, Cole & Jordan today to schedule a free review of your legal options. Let us hold the device maker accountable for the pain and negative side effects you experienced.